AroCell TK210 ELISA is intended for the measurement of Thymidine Kinase 1 (TK1) total protein in human serum. This is an alternative methodology to measuring TK1 activity for use as an oncology biomarker.
Thymidine Kinase 1
Thymidine Kinase 1 (TK1) is a key serum protein to investigate as an oncology biomarker. Ongoing research is being done to uncover its potential for analytical/screening research, early efficacy research of new therapeutics and recurrence research. Clinical research studies related to breast, prostate, lung and bladder cancers are underway, but many questions remain to be answered about how to use TK1 as a reliable serum biomarker and offer more biomarker options to cancer researchers across tumor types.
Thymidine Kinase 1 (TK1) has been long known as a valuable biomarker of cellular proliferation. Elevated levels of serum TK1 enzyme activity is found in subjects with many forms of cancer including leukemia, lymphoma, prostate, breast, lung, sarcoma, and colon. However, previous methods have been based on enzyme activity measurements that are complex, subject to interferences, and underestimate the serum TK1 found in subjects with solid tumors. A sensitive and specific TK1 immunoassay can meet these challenges.
The Benefits of the AroCell TK210 ELISA kit:
Serum TK1 exists as many forms with differing molecular weights and enzyme activities, leading to potential underestimation using enzyme activity methods. Also, much of the serum TK1 in subjects with solid tumors has been enzymatically deactivated and found as multimeric aggregates. However, all TK1 express the TK 210 epitope. The AroCell TK 210 ELISA kit, based on monoclonal antibodies specific to TK 210, enables their detection. Furthermore, the unique sample dilution buffer breaks up the high molecular weight TK1 complexes, allowing complete TK 210 detection, leading to greater consistency between samples. The AroCell TK 210 ELISA kit is a standard microtiter ELISA providing same-day results. Each kit is sufficient for a standard curve, control, and 40 samples in duplicate. All necessary components are provided.
The AroCell TK 210 ELISA Kit in Studying Drug Effects:
Much of the serum TK1 found in subjects with solid tumors is enzymatically inactive and found in aggregates leading to underestimation of TK1 and lower sensitivity. Because of this, TK1 has not been widely used to study solid tumors. However, all TK1 express the TK 210 epitope. The AroCell TK 210 ELISA kit detects all the TK1 complexes, leading to greater sensitivity and potential clinical value.
General Benefits of the TK 210 ELISA:
- TK 210 is a simple ELISA protocol, thus does not require special equipment
- TK210 is optimized for serum, obviating the need for invasive sampling
- TK 210 ELISA kit has been extensively characterized as an effective assay for specifically detecting TK1
- Total TK1 levels detected by the TK 210 ELISA correlates well with the gold standard 3H TK1 assay, but TK210 ELISA is not radioactive and is not subject to enzymatic interference
- TK 210 ELISA is an easily accessible and cost effective assay verses other TK1 immunoassays or activity assays
Benefits of TK 210 ELISA for Clinical Research Studies:
- TK1 is a global readout of malignant disease that is not subject to tumor heterogeneity
- TK210 is a non-invasive serum based marker
- Measuring TK1 is more reproducible and not as sensitive to sample error as other proliferation indicators like KI-67 or PCNA requiring subjective interpretation
- Studies show that TK1 information increases the sensitivity of other common markers such as CA15-3 for breast cancer and PSA for prostate cancer
- While TK1 is an established biomarker for blood malignancies, TK1 antigen levels may a better indicator of disease for solid tumors than TK activity and just as good in blood tumors
Benefits of TK 210 ELISA for Xenograft Studies:
- TK 210 ELISA is specific for human TK1 protein
- TK210 detection offers the ability to measure drug effects over time, without the need to sacrifice your animal
- Unlike other TK1 ELISA assays, TK210 detects all TK1 protein, regardless of conformation or aggregation state
- TK1 activity assays cannot discriminate between human and mouse TK1 and will also detect TK2, a mitochondrial kinase, activity
Benefits to Cell Culture:
TK1 is a useful biomarker for analyzing efficacy, tolerance, and dose response
The Arocell TK210 is a complementary product to the VLV product line that detects total CK18 and caspase cleavage CK18. Total CK18 is detected with M65 ELISA and indicates total cell death; while the M30 Apoptosense® specifically detects caspase cleaved CK18 (ccCK18) and indicates apoptotic cell death. Used together, these products can paint a complete picture of cell proliferation and cell death for clinical research studies in oncology.
AroCell TK210 ELISA is labeled For Research Use Only in the USA and Canada.
|Assay format:||Microplate sandwich ELISA|
|Size:||1 × 96 wells|
|Dynamic Range:||0–17 µg/L|
|Precision:||1.85 µg/L (5.1%)
11.53 µg/L (3%)
|Incubation Time:||4.75 h|
|Sample Size:||180 µL|
|Controls are Included|
Each kit is sufficient for a standard curve, control, and 40 samples in duplicate. All necessary components are provided.
• Coated Microtiter Plate with mAb anti-TK1, READY FOR USE 96 wells: 12 x 8-well strips
• Sample Dilution Buffer, LYOPHILIZED- 3 vials
• Calibrators (CAL A-E), LYOPHILIZED- 5 calibrators
• Controls, LYOPHILIZED- 2 controls
• Wash Buffer Tablets, PBST in a sachet- 3 pcs
• Biotinylated mAb anti-TK1, LYOPHILIZED- 1 vial
• Reagent Buffer for reconstitution of the lyophilized biotinylated Mab, READY FOR USE- 1 vial (14 mL)
• Streptavidin-HRP conjugate, READY FOR USE- 1 vial (14 mL)
• TMB substrate (tetramethylbenzidine), READY FOR USE- 1 vial (14 mL)
• Stop Solution, 1N HCl, READY FOR USE- 1 vial (14 mL)
• Calibrators and Controls reference sheet- 1
The kit can be used on three separate occasions.