Technoview® Arixtra® Control High is a plasma control with a high concentration of Arixtra®* (~1.2 µg/ml) for use as a quality control sample in research measurements of fondaparinux sodium. It is optimized for use with anti-Xa chromogenic assays and is frequently used in conjunction with the Technoview® Arixtra® low control and the Technoview® Arixtra® calibrator set in the Technochrom® anti-Xa chromogenic assay.
*Fondaparinux sodium is the active substance in Arixtra®.
- 6 vials per kit- provides control set with a long shelf life
- Allows for the validation of calibration curves for the measurement of Arixtra® in plasma
- Optimized for use with anti-Xa (without exogeneous antithrombin) research assays
- 6 x 1 ml vials
Control material is lyophilized and prepared from pooled human citrated plasma supplemented with a high concentration of Arixtra®. The plasma contains stabilizers but no bactericide additives. It is calibrated against the International Standard preparation 01/608.
Arixtra® (fondaparinux sodium) Injection is a factor Xa (FXa) inhibitor drug. As a synthetic pentasaccharide, it is chemically similar to low molecular weight heparin (LMWH), though it is selective for FXa. More specifically, its high affinity antithrombin (AT) binding allows for indirect inhibition of FXa. Use of this drug substantially lowers the risk for heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) and it has not been shown to react with HIT antibodies. It is prescribed by a healthcare provider and can be used for:
- prophylaxis of venous thromboembolism (VTE) after major orthopedic or abdominal surgery; or
- treatment of acute VTE when administered in conjunction with warfarin i.e. used short-term until the warfarin blood test is in the target range.
In most cases, Arixtra® does not require routine monitoring. However, it can be measured using an anti-Xa assay with appropriate calibrators (fondaparinux sodium). The activity of fondaparinux sodium is expressed in mg and cannot be compared to the activities of heparin or LMWH. Note that this control is for research use only in the US and Canada.