Technoview® apixaban control high is a plasma control with a high concentration of apixaban* (~300 ng/ml) for use as a quality control sample in research measurements of apixiban. It is optimized for use with anti-Xa chromogenic assays and is frequently used in conjunction with the Technoview® apixaban low control and the Technoview® apixaban calibrator set in the Technochrom® anti-Xa chromogenic assay.
*Apixaban is the active substance in Eliquis®.
- 5 vials per kit- provides control set with a long shelf life
- Allows for the validation of calibration curves for the measurement of apixaban in plasma
- Optimized for use with anti-Xa (without exogeneous antithrombin) research assays but can be validated for use in prothrombin time (PT) research assays
- 5 x 1 ml vials
Control material is lyophilized and prepared from pooled human citrated plasma supplemented with a high concentration of apixaban. The plasma contains stabilizers but no bactericide additives. It is calibrated, using an anti-Xa assay, in ng/ml against an internal reference standard and in IU/ml against the international standard for low molecular weight heparin (LMWH) in plasma.
Apixaban (Eliquis®) is an oral direct factor Xa inhibitor drug. It is prescribed by a healthcare provider and can:
- reduce the risk of blood clots and stroke in individuals who have nonvalvular atrial fibrillation;
- treat deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE); and
- reduce the risk of DVT and PE in individuals after hip or knee replacement surgery.
In most cases, apixaban does not require routine monitoring. It typically prolongs clotting tests such as PT/INR and aPTT so, if necessary, it is best measured using an anti-Xa chromogenic assay. Note that this control is for research use only in the US and Canada.