AroCell TK 210 ELISA is intended for the measurement of Thymidine Kinase 1 (TK1) in human serum.
AroCell TK 210 ELISA is labeled For Research Use Only in the USA and Canada.
|Assay format:||Microplate sandwich ELISA|
|Size:||1 × 96 wells|
|Dynamic Range:||0–17 µg/L|
|Precision:||1.85 µg/L (5.1%)
11.53 µg/L (3%)
|Incubation Time:||4.75 h|
|Sample Size:||180 µL|
|Controls are Included|
|Reference range||0-0.35 µg/L.
AroCell recommends that users determine their own reference range.
|Limited of detection||0.19 µg/L|
|Measuring range||0.19 – 17 µg/L
The range may be extended by increasing sample dilution.
|Dilution recovery||<5% deviation from linearity.|
|Precision within assay||At TK1 conc. 1.85 µg/L: CV% = 4.9%
At TK1 conc. 11.53 µg/L: CV% = 1.9%
|Precision between assay||At TK1 conc. 1.85 µg/L: CV% = 0.9%
At TK1 conc. 11.53 µg/L: CV% = 2.2%
|Precision total||At TK1 conc. 1.85 µg/L: CV% = 5.1%
At TK1 conc. 11.53 µg/L: CV% = 3.0%
Typical calibration curve obtained using AroCell TK 210 ELISA. Plot of A450nm versus [TK1] μg/L. This is for illustration only. Do not use for the calculation of samples.
Thymadine Kinase 1 is an important enzyme involved in DNA replication and cell proliferation. Proliferating cells have high levels of TK1, while resting cells have low, if any, levels. This is of interest to the field of oncology because research has shown elevated level of TK1 in the blood across many cancer types, including: breast, prostate, lung, and hematologic malignancies.
TK1 has value as a biomarker for oncology research involving various stages of drug development. Specifically, the Arocell TK 210 ELISA offers a patented sample process that allows for complete antigenic detection of all TK1 in a sample. TK 210 aims to offer researchers the ability to measure the effectiveness of potential drugs in development with a simple blood test.
General Benefits of the TK 210 ELISA:
- TK 210 is a simple ELISA protocol, thus does not require special equipment, just a fluorescent plate reader
- TK210 is optimized for serum, obviating the need for invasive sampling
- TK 210 ELISA kit has been extensively characterized as an effective assay for specifically detecting TK1
- Total TK1 levels detected by the TK 210 ELISA correlates well with the gold standard 3H TK1 assay, but TK210 ELISA is not radioactive and is not subject to enzymatic interference
- TK 210 ELISA is an easily accessible and cost effective assay verses other TK1 immunoassays or activity assays
Benefits of TK 210 ELISA for Clinical Research Studies:
- TK1 is a global readout of malignant disease that is not subject to tumor heterogeneity
- TK210 is a non-invasive serum based marker
- Measuring TK1 is more reproducible and not as sensitive to sample error as other proliferation indicators like KI-67 or PCNA requiring subjective interpretation
- Studies show that TK1 information increases the sensitivity of other common markers such as CA15-3 for breast cancer and PSA for prostate cancer
- While TK1 is an established biomarker for blood malignancies, TK1 antigen levels may a better indicator of disease for solid tumors than TK activity and just as good in blood tumors
Benefits of TK 210 ELISA for Xenograft Studies:
- TK 210 ELISA is specific for human TK1 protein
- TK210 detection offers the ability to measure drug effects over time, without the need to sacrifice your animal
- Unlike other TK1 ELISA assays, TK210 detects all TK1 protein, regardless of conformation or aggregation state
- TK1 activity assays cannot discriminate between human and mouse TK1 and will also detect TK2, a mitochondrial kinase, activity
Benefits to Cell Culture:
TK1 is a useful biomarker for analyzing efficacy, tolerance, and dose response