Technozym® vWF:Ag ELISA is an assay kit for determination of von Willebrand Factor (vWF) antigen in plasma and concentrates. In combination with the Technozym® vWF:CBA ELISA kit classification of von Willebrand disease type 1, 2 and 3 is possible when performing research. Assay time is only 60 minutes.
- ELISA test strips (12) with 8 wells each, coated with polyclonal anti-vWF; the drying agent is supplied in an aluminum bag.
- Washing buffer concentrate: (PBS; pH 7.3); containing detergent; 0.01% merthiolate; 1 bottle, 100 ml.
- Incubation buffer: (PBS; pH 7.3); contains stabilizer protein; 0.01% merthiolate; dye, 1 bottle, 100 ml, ready for use.
- Calibrators (Standards) numbered; lyophilized; 1 bottle each. Concentrations are lot-dependent; consult label on the vial.
- Control plasmas “low level” and “high level” for checking purposes, lyophilized; 1 bottle each. Concentrations are lot-dependent; consult the label on the vial.
- Conjugate polyclonal Anti-vWF-POX; dyed blue; 1 bottle, 0.3 ml.
- Chromogen TMB (tetramethylbenzidine); 1 bottle, 12 ml; ready to use.
- Stopping solution: sulphuric acid 1.9 mol/l; 1 bottle 12ml; ready for use.
- Adhesive film: for ELISA test strips (2)
The von Willebrand Factor (vWF) is a large, multifunctional glycoprotein, occupying a key position in primary hemostasis. It has a multiple structure with several functions:
- It is the carrier protein for Factor VIII in plasma; it forms a complex and thus protects Factor VIII from early proteolytic decomposition.
- It acts as a mediator for platelet aggregation by attaching itself to platelet membrane receptors (GP Ib and GP lIb/IIIa) following previous platelet activation.
- It plays a part in primary hemostasis by acting as a mediator between adhesioned platelets and the subendothelium (lesioned vascular wall). The von Willebrand Syndrome (vWS) is the most frequently occurring hemorrhagic disease; it may be hereditary as well as acquired, caused by quantitative or qualitative defects of the vWF.