The Technozym® Vitronectin Antigen ELISA kit is an antibody “sandwich” system in which a monoclonal acts as the catching antibody and a peroxidase-labeled polyclonal is the detecting antibody.
- PLATE + PLATE COVER 12×8 well microtitre strips precoated with a monoclonalanti-VN antibody and blocked with 1% bovine serum albumin (BSA), lyophilized.
- STANDARD 1 x lyophilized normal pooled human plasma.
1 x conjugated polyclonal anti VN antibodies (concentrated).
- DILUTION BUFFER – (white cap) 1 x 20 ml 2.5x concentrated (PBS, 1% BSA)
- POX DILUTION BUFFER – (white cap) 1 x 12 mL PBS, 1% BSA (ready to use)
- SUBSTRATE – (green cap) 1 x 12 ml TMB Substrate
- STOP SOLUTION – (red cap) 1 x 15 ml Sulphuric acid, 0.45 mol/l
- WASH BUFFER – (blue cap) 1 x 20 ml 12.5x concentrated (PBS, 0.5% Tween 20)
Kit storage: Store all components at 2-8°C.
The Technozym® test system for the determination of vitronectin antigen is a solid phase enzyme immunoassay.
Vitronectin (Vn) is a glycosaminoglycan adhesive glycoprotein and in its intact form has an apparent molecular weight of 78,000. Blood plasma Vn is synthesized in the liver and is present in a concentration range between 250 µg/ml and 450 µg/ml. Vn is the primary PAI-1 binding protein in the ECM and plasma. PAI-1 complexed with Vn in plasma and ECM is found to be fully active in contrast to PAI-1 in solution where it is unstable and is present in an inactive, latent form. Thus indicating that the inhibitor is stabilized through its association with components of the ECM, i.e. Vn. PAI- 1 binds to the NH2 region of Vn in the “somatomedin B” domain.
Evidence shows Vn as a modulator of enzyme specificity of various serpins through the formation of ternary association products as well as a novel protein cofactor for serpin function through its binary complex formation with PAI-1, whereby it can directly regulate the enzyme specificity of PAI-1.