Technoview® rivaroxaban calibrator set is a set of plasma-derived calibration samples with rivaroxaban* concentrations ranging from ~0-150 ng/ml. The set can be used for establishing a standard curve in research measurements of rivaroxaban. It is optimized for use with anti-Xa chromogenic assays and is frequently used in conjunction with the Technoview® rivaroxaban low, medium and high controls in the Technochrom® anti-Xa chromogenic assay.
*Rivaroxaban is the active substance in Xarelto®.
- Allows for establishment of calibration curve covering a range of 0-150 ng/ml
- Optimized for use with anti-Xa (without exogeneous antithrombin) research assays but can be validated for use in prothrombin time (PT) research assays
5 x 1 ml vials with a range of rivaroxaban concentrations:
- Cal 1: 0 ng/ml
- Cal 2: 15 ng/ml
- Cal 3: 60 ng/ml
- Cal 4: 100 ng/ml
- Cal 5: 150 ng/ml
Calibrators are lyophilized and prepared from pooled human citrated plasma supplemented with different concentrations of rivaroxaban. The plasma contains stabilizers but no bactericide additives. They are calibrated, using a high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry assay, against a rivaroxaban structural analogue.
Rivaroxaban (Xarelto®) is an oral direct factor Xa inhibitor drug. It is prescribed by a healthcare provider and can:
- reduce the risk of blood clots and stroke in individuals who have nonvalvular atrial fibrillation;
- treat deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE); and
- reduce the risk of DVT and PE in individuals after hip or knee replacement surgery.
In most cases, rivaroxaban does not require routine monitoring. It typically prolongs clotting tests such as PT/INR and aPTT so it is best measured using anti-Xa chromogenic assays. Note that this calibrator set is for research use only in the US and Canada.