Technoview® rivaroxaban control medium is a plasma control with a moderate concentration of rivaroxaban* (~110 ng/ml) for use as a quality control sample in research measurements of rivaroxaban. It is optimized for use with anti-Xa chromogenic assays and is frequently used in conjunction with the Technoview® rivaroxaban low control, the Technoview® rivaroxaban high control and the Technoview® apixaban calibrator set in the Technochrom® anti-Xa chromogenic assay.
*Rivaroxaban is the active substance in Xarelto®.
- 5 vials per kit- provides control set with a long shelf life
- Allows for the validation of calibration curves for the measurement of rivaroxaban in plasma
- Optimized for use with anti-Xa (without exogeneous antithrombin) research assays but can be validated for use in prothrombin time (PT) research assays
- 5 x 1 ml vials
Control material is lyophilized and prepared from pooled human citrated plasma supplemented with a moderate concentration of rivaroxaban. The plasma contains stabilizers but no bactericide additives. It is calibrated, using a high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry assay, against a rivaroxaban structural analogue.
Rivaroxaban (Xarelto®) is an oral direct factor Xa inhibitor drug. It is prescribed by a healthcare provider and can:
- reduce the risk of blood clots and stroke in individuals who have nonvalvular atrial fibrillation;
- treat deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE); and
- reduce the risk of DVT and PE in individuals after hip or knee replacement surgery.
In most cases, rivaroxaban does not require routine monitoring. It typically prolongs clotting tests such as PT/INR and aPTT so it is best measured using anti-Xa chromogenic assays. Note that this control is for research use only in the US and Canada.