1st International Workshop of the Steatohepatitis in HIV Emerging Research (SHIVER) Network
Event Date: April 26 - 27, 2019
Event Location: MUHC - Research Institute Atrium, 1001 Boulevard Décarie, Montréal, Québec, Canada, H4A 3J1
Diapharma is sponsoring and attending the 1st International Workshop of the Steatohepatitis in HIV Emerging Research (SHIVER) Network this year. Please click here to schedule a meeting with us or email us directly.
SHIVER = Steatohepatitis in HIV Emerging Research
ABOUT THE SHIVER WORKSHOP
The goal of this workshop is to provide a multidisciplinary view of the current state of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) in HIV research, treatment, and disease burden both nationally and internationally, and to establish the platform for collaborative research projects between Canada and institutions leaders on the topic. During this workshop, Canadian scientists and the members of the SHIVER (Steatohepatitis in HIV Emerging Research) Network will work together to establish research priorities in the field of NASH in HIV. This work will form the basis of research proposals to CIHR and International grant applications and conjunct publications from the Network. This workshop fills a void in existing HIV meetings. It is the only forum that brings together an international group of academics, clinicians, community members to review the latest science and foster collaborative work towards improving understanding of this major comorbidity in people living with HIV.
The SHIVER Network is an international group of academics and researchers established in December 2016. Its mandate is to evaluate clinically relevant research questions and share data with the aim of leading cutting-edge research worldwide. The overarching goal of the Network is to build research capacity, conduct innovative research, translate evidence into practice policy, and promote a global effort into an emerging, major comorbidity for PLHIV by focusing on the themes of epidemiology, diagnostics, and prevention. The Network brings together leaders in the field: 11 world-class investigators from International and Canadian institutions.
- Pathophysiology/metabolic syndrome
- NAFLD/NASH: pathophysiology, histology and natural history
- Mechanisms of liver disease in patients infected with HIV
- Mechanisms of immune aging in chronic viral infection
- Aging, frailty and NASH
- Biomarkers and diagnostics
- Update on biomarkers and other non-invasive diagnostic tools for NAFLD/NASH
- Imaging techniques: Multicenter AIDS cohort study
- Transient elastography and CAP to screen for NAFLD in HIV
- MRI and biopsy: European cohort on HIV and metabolic liver disease (ECHAM)
- Antiretroviral therapy and liver disease
- Screening strategies in cirrhosis and practices
- Transplant and HIV