What’s New at Diapharma? – Meet our Newest Mad Scientist
Posted: October 24, 2019
Welcome to Olivia Schneider-Stricker,
Commercial Business Development Manager
Olivia Scheider-Stricker joined the Diapharma as our new Commercial Business Development Manager this spring. As the newest addition to our team, she is here to make expanding Diapharma’s product offerings a top priority in 2020.
As VLV Bio’s products (M30® Apoptosense® and M65 EpiDeath®) have gained popularity with liver disease and oncology research, Diapharma sees the need for other biomarkers to offer our customers in these fields. Olivia’s main role is to stay in-tune with the latest research in these markets and expand Diapharma’s menu to cover the ever evolving needs of our customers. As a PhD scientist by training, Olivia is a perfect fit for this role as she has a strong technical background and hard bench skills stretching from immunology to cell signaling assays. She also has experience with fast-paced biotech world, as she spent the first 10 years of her career working for a start-up manufacturer in the recombinant protein market, focusing on the stem cell market.
Welcome aboard Olivia!
Emerging Biomarkers for Liver & Kidney Disease Research
DIKI, DILI, NASH, NAFLD, ALD/AH
- K18 and ccK18: M30® Apoptosense for measuring apoptosis and M65® ELISA for measuring total cell death
- L-FABP – kidney (urinary) & liver (serum) damage biomarker
- α-GST – kidney (urinary) & liver (serum) damage biomarker
- Collagen IV – kidney damage (urinary) & liver (serum) fibrosis biomarker
- NGAL/Lipocalin – biomarker of kidney damage
- Cystatin C – biomarker of kidney damage
- CD163 – research infection prediction
- Osteopontin – research organ failure