Keratin 18 News! An update on its use in hepatology research
Posted: February 22, 2019
An update on K18 as a
Liver Injury Biomarker
- Secondary efficacy endpoint
- Pre-screening tool to reduce screen failures
In addition, K18 was explored by multiple groups for further research on use in DILI to:
- Increase early prediction
Increase tissue specificity
Read more here.
K18 is among the most abundant proteins in the liver, but absent in muscle cells and non-epithelial cells. This plus its minimal day-to-day fluctuations in healthy subjects, means increased specificity for researching liver injury events.
Beware of imposters!
Not all K18 kits are created equal.
- The M30 Antibody is a unique antibody that detects a caspase-cleaved epitope of K18
- Look for the Peviva trademark, on the M30 & M65 kits
- Only available through Diapharma in the U.S. and Canada
- The M30 Apoptosense® kit was optimized to allow for better discrimination between normal and abnormal samples (Bantel H et al 2014).
VLV Bio products are for research use only in the U.S. and Canada