Collagen IV for Liver Fibrosis Research: Not just a kidney collagen
Posted: November 12, 2020
DiaPharma Serum Collagen IV ELISA
Biomarker of Liver Fibrosis
Easy To Use ELISA Now Available from DiaPharma
- Clinical research quality ELISA with an established publication record now available from DiaPharma
- Simple-to-use, well-characterized mAb sandwich ELISA
- Non-invasive fibrosis serum biomarker for liver research (NASH, AH, Hepatitis)
Diapharma offers an established, well-published Human Collagen IV ELISA for use with serum samples.
Various domains of Collagen IV have been used as biomarkers for basement membrane formation or degradation and an overall indicator of fibrosis.
For liver research, Collagen IV is the first collagen to be synthesized during in vitro liver injury models and has used as a biomarker for disease states like NASH/NAFLD, AH, and hepatitis.
Additionally, serum levels of collagen IV fall in response to drug candidates in clinical research. The Diapharma Collagen IV ELISA kit recognizes the 7S domain and the triple helix domains of Collagen IV.
- Dingleman, R.F. et al.(1983). Collagen formation by the hepatocyte in primary monolayer culture and in vivo. Science, 219, 1343-1345.
- Mak, R.F. et al. (2017). Basement Membrane Type IV Collagen and Laminin: An Overview of Their Biology and Value as Fibrosis Biomarkers of Liver Disease. The Anatomical Record, 300:1371-1390.
- Obata, K. et al. (1989). One step sandwich enzyme immunoassay for human type IV collagen using monoclonal antibodies. Clin. Chim. Acta, 181, 293- 304.*
- Yokoya, Y. et al. (1992). Concentration of serum laminin and type IV collagen in liver diseases assayed by a sandwich enzyme-immunoassay using monoclonal antibodies. Clin. Chim. Acta, 210, 109- 118,
*Original historic reference for this ELISA kit
Collagen IV is well-suited for biomarker research panels, and can be used alone or combined with these next generation biomarkers available from DiaPharma: CK18 (M30®/M65®), α-GST, Noggin, Mac-2 Binding Protein, L-FABP, Hyaluronic Acid, and more
These products are for research use only in the U.S. and Canada. Not for diagnostic purposes.
It’s Not Just Support. It’s Solutions.
Over 20 years of scientific expertise just a call or click away.
8948 Beckett Rd 45069 West Chester, OH 45069 US