45th Canadian Ecotoxicity Workshop (CEW)
Event Date: September 30 - October 3, 2018
Event Location: Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre, 1088 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, V6Z 2R9, Canada
About the 45th CEW
- Contaminants and Ecosystem Health
- General Aquatic Toxicology
- Toxicity of Metals and Metal Mixtures
- Sediment and Soil Ecotoxicity
- Wildlife Ecotoxicology and Disease
- Behavioural Toxicology
- Multi-Generational Toxicology and Epigenetics
- Municipal Wastewaters and Water Treatment
- Environmental Effects Monitoring
- Bioassays and Test Methods
- Omics (genomics, proteomics, metabolomics)
- Estuarine toxicology
- Marine bioassay development and advances
- Chemical product testing
About the CEW
CEW was formerly known as the Aquatic Toxicity Workshop (ATW) in the 1970s. Workshops expanded from chemical lethality tests on fish and invertebrates to impacts by chemical, physical and biological agents on the integrity of aquatic ecosystems. Links to wildlife ecotoxicology, sediment/soil toxicity issues and ecosystem science emerged as the field of aquatic toxicology evolved.
The Canadian Ecotoxicity Workshop (CEW) is Canada’s annual meeting in ecological toxicology. Members of CEW share information on contaminants in aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems. Participants include students, academics, government scientists and regulators, environmental consultants and industry representatives.
CEW is held annually in a different region of Canada to draw interest among a wider group of ecotoxicologists.