3rd International Workshop on NASH Biomarkers
Event Date: May 18 - 19, 2018
Event Location: The Westin Alexandria, 400 Courthouse Square, Alexandria, VA 22314-5700
The 3rd International Workshop on NASH Biomarkers will be held in Washington DC, May 18-19, 2018. The NASH Biomarkers workshop is co-organized by the Liver Forum and Expert Medical Events.
- Review regulatory landscape and gaps in regulatory science related to biomarker development for NAFLD
- Review gaps in evidence to qualify specific biomarkers for NAFLD
- Stimulate collaborative science to accelerate biomarker development for NAFLD
- Promote innovation in design and analytic approaches to biomarker development for NAFLD
The recognition of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) as a significant cause of morbidity and mortality around the globe has generated much activity in therapeutic and diagnostic development. Histology-based assessments requiring liver biopsies remains the NASH diagnostic standard and drug developers and clinical researchers are challenged by the lack of accepted and/or validated non-invasive diagnostic, prognostic and endpoint biomarkers. Collaboration will facilitate progress to acceptance, validation and/or qualification of non-invasive biomarkers.
This public, abstract-driven workshop will focus on NASH biomarker development by bringing together individuals and organizations in the field of NASH Biomarkers. By sharing knowledge, coordinating activities, and working through the complex issues surrounding NASH, the NASH Biomarkers Workshop will continue to impact the advancement of the field.
Some topics will include:
- Regulatory and third party payer perspectives on NASH biomarkers
- Pathways and priorities for biomarker assessment
- Hierarchical testing strategies for NASH
- Pre-cirrhotic NASH and cirrhotic NASH
- Biomarkers of therapeutic response for pre-cirrhotic NASH
- NASH in diabetes and heart disease